WIC (Women, Infants, and Children)
What is WIC?
The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for:
- Women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or just had a baby
- Children under 5 years old (including foster children)
- Families with low to medium income (working families may qualify)
What Does WIC Offer?
- Special checks to buy healthy foods from WIC-authorized vendors – foods include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs, cereal, peanut butter, and much more!
- Information about nutrition and health to help you and your family eat well and be healthy
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby
- Help in finding health care and other community services
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be in a category served by WIC (pregnant, recently postpartum, breastfeeding, or caring for a child under the age of 5 years old)
- Meet income guidelines or participate in Medi-Cal, CalFresh, or CalWORKS
- Live in California
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, WIC is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.